Raster to Vector Service
If you do design works, you’ve probably been in a situation where you had a raster image, like a jpeg or png file, that you needed in a vector format. Maybe it’s a logo where a client wanted to make a large banner or sign but no longer had the original vector files. Regardless, if it’s something you may need to significantly enlarge without losing resolution, it needs to be a vector file.
A raster graphic is an image made of hundreds (or thousands or millions) of tiny squares of color information, referred to as either pixels or dots. (Technically pixels refer to color blocks viewed on an electronic monitor where as dots refer to the ink dots on a printed piece. But even professional designers, myself induced, often use these two terms interchangeably.)
The most common type of raster graphic? A photograph. The designer’s preferred program for creating and editing raster files? You guessed it: Adobe Photoshop.
Popular raster file format extensions include: jpg/jpeg, psd, png, tiff, bmp and gif.
Photoshop creates and manipulates raster graphics. Raster graphics, also known as bitmap graphics, is a digital image which can be displayed on a screen. It’s made from pixels which are points of colour.
It’s an ideal method of drawing a photo image on a screen as each pixel has its own colour value. Raster graphics are resolution dependent – this means it cannot be scaled larger without losing quality.
This loss of quality makes images look pixelated (the ragged square-like look you see when a raster image is enlarged too far).
Illustrator uses vector graphics. A single vector is a line between two points.
Vectors can be used to create shapes, lines, polygons, in fact any shape imaginable. The software thinks of it as a mathematical formula- for example, the user creates a line on a 45º angle from point A to point B for a distance of 50mm and is 2mm wide.
The software draws the line based on this data rather than each pixel. Therefore vector graphics are infinitely scalable – if it’s 50mm in length or 5 meters in length the relationship between the points will always be the same.
This is why we always use with creating a logo. A designer can create the vector logo and that logo can then be applied to anything from a business card to building signage with
no loss of quality. However, vector cannot be used to efficiently draw photo images.
WHICH PROGRAMS ARE BEST
Photoshop is the best at this, but also is very good at creating graphics for websites and banners. Its text tools are good for low-resolution elements like website headers, buttons, banners and offer aliasing tools that make type look good on screens and displays.
Illustrator is better for drawing complex shapes, illustration and for layout of single page documents.
Illustrator’s type tools offer more control.
Type and vector shapes will be much sharper than their raster equivalents when output at large sizes and file sizes are much smaller. Logos, fonts, posters, signage, illustrations, scale drawings are typically created in Illustrator.
TOP REASONS TO CHOOSE US
- Over thousands of satisfied customers. (Sign companies, screen printers, vehicle wraps, illustrators, designers, 3d and web designers, trade show graphics, quick print shops and many more). What they are saying.
- Trusted by several major sign and print franchises. (In the USA, Canada, Europe and Australia).
- An extensive font collection to help match your artwork (typesetting of fonts rather than tracing helps save you money).
- Years of experience using vector software (Extensive knowledge assures that your file will be traced ready to cut or print with little or no editing on your part).
- We will quote your vector conversion in minutes.
- Excellent communication: we will try to ask as many questions as possible beforehand to make sure you receive the proper file.
- No auto tracing
- 100% Satisfaction: (Guaranteed to work with your vector software).
- Quick vector conversions: (6-24 hour turnaround on most jobs).
So if you need Raster to vector Service, we request you don’t be hesitate to try a free trial or you can contact with us. We can assure you that we are ready to serve our best effort for you with your all requirement.